The ancient history of Tallinn dates back to the first century, when a fortress was built in Iru, which also included a settlement. For reasons that are not known at this time, this fortress was abandoned in middle of the 11th century and the Lindanise Castle was built on the current Toompea Hill, which can… Read More »
* 10.05.1928 in Saaremaa President of the Republic 08.10.2001-09.10.2006 Following his graduation from agricultural college, Arnold Rüütel worked as an agronomist, teacher, and zoo technician between 1949 and 1963, after that he worked as the Director of the Tartu Model Sovkhoz and graduated from the Estonian Academy of Agriculture in 1964 whilst working. In 1969,… Read More »
The Tartu Stone Bridge was a three-arched bridge located at the current spot of the Arched Bridge in 1784–1941. The bridge is a well-known symbol of the university town and a great example of classicist stone architecture of the 18th century. Construction on the Stone Bridge over the Emajõgi in Tartu began in 1776, after… Read More »
On April 29, 2018 Estonian Ballet celebrates it’s 100th anniversary in the Estonian National Opera with the International Dance Day Gala – „Estonian Ballet 100″. For jubilee theatre publicized the anniversary book „Estonian Ballet 100″ (222 pg) – expanded upon the centenary of our ballet history. In theatre the first permanent ballet group was settled… Read More »
The opening time of web exhibitionFILATEELIA.EE/NÄITUS-2018 organized by REFS ESTONIA, Tallinn Philatelists Association and Hiiu Collectors Association is extended by one month – until the end of April. Take your time and use the convenient way to watch the exhibition!
The motor ship Mare is the first and hitherto only Estonian marine archaeological exploratory ship. The ship was built in 1968 in Mari El Republic, in the Zvenigovo shipyard as a MSTB-type fish trawler. Until 1982, the trawler was in use in the fishermen kolkhoz Pärnu Kalur. In 1982, the Estonian Maritime Museum acquired the… Read More »